The older I get, the more I realize that its important to document the little moments in your life. I love this shot by Katherine Miles Jones of Izzy and the rest of her family.
From Julie: ”Izzy is a poodle/schnauzer mix, and she’ll be 3 years old in April. She loves being with her family, playing with her new little brother, and sleeping way under the covers. She is the friendliest dog, and she is so gentle with other dogs, puppies, and kids. She is a true companion and we feel so lucky to have her as part of our family.”
About Katherine Miles Jones Photography: Based in Chapel Hill, North Caroline, Katherine is a wedding and portrait photographer. Katherine and her husband have a rescue pup named Hudson.
We hope you enjoy these links and have a great weekend!
Zoomies Pet Photography Workshop: 3 pet photographers I really admire, Charlotte Reeves, Ruth O’ Leary and Kaylee Greer will be offering pet photography workshops in Sydney and Brisbane next September.
One of my all time favorite wedding photographers Kirstie Tweed/Orange Girl has just started an amazing blog “Canoe Wedding” and she has a terrific Dog Friendly Wedding Guide. Head over to Canoe Wedding for a chance to win a bow tie.
March 8 Heal A Hound Dinner and Auction, Roseville, MN
March 9 2nd Canine Science Symposium, San Francisco, CA
March 22 8th Annual Doglovers’ Walk At The Landings, Savannah, GA
March 22 6th Annual Paso Robles Dog Jog, Paso Robles, CA
March 29 Helping Fearful Dogs with Nicole Wilde, Novato CA
March 29 Pucks For Paws, Syracuse, NY
March 29 3rd Annual Fur Ball Fundraiser , San Antonio, TX
April 11 10th Annual Greaseband Event, Hamilton, NJ
March 16 Deer Park St. Paddy’s 5K, Kildeer, IL
May 16-25, Volunteer Vacation in Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico
May 31 Bark In The Park, Lebanon, TN
August 2 Bark for Life, Petaluma, CA
September 19-22 Zoomies Pet Photography Workshop, Brisbane, QLD, AU
Strutt Your Mutt various dates and locations
If you have a dog event that you would like to be listed here, please email rescue (at) dailydogtag (dot)com.
You may also like:
I always struggle with “In Loving Memory” posts because every time I work on one I end up crying. However, I know that its a combination of sorrow and joy. I’m sad that a cherished dog has died, but at the same time, I feel joy that the dog was well loved, even if it was too short of a lifetime. It also makes me happy knowing that the family has good photos to help remember the dog. Special thanks to Andrea Chu Takeoka Photography for these photos of a very special dog and some of the people who love him.
From Melvin: “We called him Buddy Joe, Joe Joe, Wiggles Mc Joe– because of his stump of a tail, his whole butt would wiggle when he got excited.
Joe was a rescue. I found him on Petfinder.com in 2007. We wanted a dog but were only going adopt…really hard to find an English Bulldog. So I scoured Petfinder.com. I was prepping a movie at the time so I had a lot of time in the office and I found a listing for a 1 year old English Bulldog. Joe was in Chico, CA at the Chico Humane Society. The minute I saw the listing I flooded them with applications. Everyone in the production office was calling, faxing or emailing for me to insure that I got Joe. Apparently, there were many applicants. We won out and the next day drove from LA to Chico to pick him up. Its was a 7 hour trip each way by car. We couldn’t fly because Joe being a short nosed dog couldn’t fly in the cargo hold of a plane. That was a 16 hour trip and he was a trooper. Literally, the first thing he did when he walked into the house was fall asleep.
Joe was sweetest, gentlest dog I’ve ever met. He was great with other dogs and children. We frequently had friend’s dogs staying with us. For the most part he was pretty passive, in his younger years he was playful. Joe was a creature of habit. He got two walks a day, two meals a day and his favorite thing was getting his greenie treat everyday. Penny only got to spend a little more than a year with Joe, but he loved her and would frequently snuggle with her and let her use him as a pillow.
I am including a few snapshots that Melvin took of Joe.
About Andrea Chu Takeoka Photography: Based in Los Angeles, Andrea specializes in portrait photography.
You may also like:
While this might be the winter that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends… I believe summer will be here one day! As a visual reminder of what warm weather looks like, I am sharing this cute engagement session from Caroline Lima Photography. If you have ever wondered if you should say something to someone is neglecting a pet, take your cue from Nicole!
From Nicole: “Bella is a Mutt who is around 8 years old. I got Bella when she was an adult dog around (age 2). One of my girlfriend’s neighbors saw Bella chained to a lady’s front door for a few days in the hot heat with no water. The woman had several cats and two dogs who were in bad shape. Bella was one of them. I went up to Bella and the lady told me, ‘Take her. I am going to take her to the pound this week otherwise.’ I took Bella and never looked back! Bella is very sweet and relaxed. She is our couch potato! She is so nice to everyone she meets and loves anyone who has a treat! She has such a pure soul and you can see it through her big brown eyes!
Sugar is a miniature Dachshund who couldn’t be more opposite than her sister Bella! She just turned 1 years old on October 20th. Tyler bought her for me as my Christmas present. Sugar is obsessed with toys! Her favorite toys are rubber chickens! Sugar is very mischievous and is too cute for her own good. She is very sweet and loves to cuddle. She also attacks you with kisses in the morning!
I love my babies!”
About Caroline Lima Photography: Based in North Carolina, Caroline captures warm and timeless images worldwide. She has a Golden Retriever of her own.
You may also like:
While the final announcements for the Oscars are behind us, we are back with the rest of our Dogscar nominees! Sadly I can’t offer free pizza or kibble, but I think this group of nominees will bring a smile to your face and perhaps as a tear or two. Please leave a comment and let us know some of your favorites!
Biggest Scene Stealer
56. Zoe- Natalie Champa Jennings * 57. “What would the dog say?” – Sean Howard Photography * 58. Lucy Lui- Chocolate Moose Images * 59. Lulu- Westway Studio * 60. Scruffy- Chase & Snap Photography * 61. Sunshade- Kathy Lui Photography * 62. Lola- Alice G Patterson Photography * 63. Trinity- Willow & Co. 64. Big Joe – Tangled Lilac Photography * 65- Miley- Meggan Joy Photography * 66. Samson- Jen Yuson Photography * 67. Dahlia-Katie Jackson * 68. Baxter- Photographs by Megan
In Loving Memory
74. Tank- Britt Croft Photography * 75. Rocket- Furtography * 76. Strauss- Allison Mae Photography * 77. Biscuit- Katherine Carver Photography * 78. Judy- Westway Studio * 79. Erma- Bouncing Light Photography
Most Gorgeous Girl
80. Frida- L’Art Orange Photography * 81. Izzie- Leo Timoshuk Photography * 82. Tawny- Fetchlight Photography * 83. Fiona- Alice G Patterson Photogaphy * 84. Lilian- McGraw Photography * 85. Soda- Petal Photography * 86. Willow- Photo Lab Pet Photography * 87. Madison- Alice G Patterson Photography * 88. Bella- Petal Photography * 89. Poppy- Photo Lab Pet Photography * 90. Willow- Willow & Co.
Most Handsome Dog
91. Franklin- Purple Collar Pet Photography * 92. Major- Stacey Gammon Pet Photography * 93. Boof- Adam Cavanagh * 94. LoveMutt- Stephanie Millner Photography * 95. Hunter - Saperstone Studios * 96. Barron- Kira DeDecker Photography * 97. Goat- Happy Tails Photography * 98. Hudson- Lone Pine Photography* 99. Corbin – Photo Lab Pet Photography
Representing millions of dogs and cats in shelters across the United States, these dogs continue to live a life of suspense, wondering when they will find their forever homes!
Most Dynamic Duo
108. Lilah and Cooper- Kira DeDecker Photography * 109. Penny & Charles- Charlotte Reeves Photography * 110. Andy & Mona – Emilee Fuss Photography * 111. Dolitte & Ned- Willow & Co. * 112. Einstein & Tesla- Sharon Arnoldi Photography * 113 * Seussa and KB- Alice G Patterson Photography * 114. Archie & Ruda - Jonathan Yearsley Photography * 115. Sydney & Apollo – Alice G Patterson Photography * 117. Finn & Ellie – Charlotte Reeves Photography * 116. Hogwarts & Clementine- Genevieve Elaine Photography * 118. Stella & Zeb- Gayle Driver Photography * 119. Ginger & Snap- Hot Dog Photography * 120. Jake & Elwood- April O’ Hare Photography * 121. Randy & Snoopy- * 122. Lexi & Logan- Hot Dog Pet Photography
Special thanks to all the photographers and dog lovers who let me share their photos and stories with you!!
You may also like:
Although we may lack the glamour and glitz, we once again find ourselves with Oscar fever! Especially with Ellen Degeneres as the host, one of our all time favorite celebrities, the Oscars are high on our priority list this year. To celebrate this exciting event we have spent a lot of time trying to narrow down our favorites. It seemed an impossible task, since we love every dog/photographer combination that we feature here, but we managed to whittle it down.
Most Adorable Puppy
1. Hercules- Emily Steffen * 2. Bernie - Paws On The Run * 3. Frankie- Tracey Ayton Photography * 4. Thor-Emily Lynn Photography * 5. Cosmo – Charlotte Reeves Photography * 6. Riker- Good Doggy Photography * 7. Hudson- Sarah Der Photography * 8. Enzi- Orange Girl Photographs * 9. Gus- Alice G Patterson Photography * 10. Luna- Karen Allen Photography * 11. King- Sheaulee Ng Photography * 12. Rocky- Kathy Lui Photography
Pawsitively Amazing While all dogs are amazing, the following nominees have overcome extreme hardships /near death experiences and are now wonderful companions.
19. Harley & Bosco- Photo Lab Pet Photography * 20. Zoe- Tammy Swales Studio * 21. Daly- Allison Shamrell Photography * 22. Maddie and Sophie- Missy Moo Studio * 23. Gus & Sanford- McGraw Photography * 24. Fairfax- Carley Rehberg Photography * 25. Dahlia- Sarafina’s Photographs * 26. Winston- Sleepy Dog Photography
27. LoveMutt- Stephanie Millner Photography * 28. Cooper- BrindleBerry Photography * 29. Fletcher- Emilee Fuss Photography * 30. Texx & Razz- Gavin D. Photography * 31. Cooper- McGraw Photography 32. Marcy-Kathryn Schauer Photography * 33. Woody- Robin Navarro
Best Supporting Dog
34. Johnny – Taro Lesko Photography * 35. Rusty – Cathy Murai Photography * 36. “Rover” -Maggie Winters * 37. Flash – Two Chics Photography * 38. Leroy – Jen @ My Brown Newfies * 39. Dogs Ink- Ty Foster * 40. Max- Michelle Gardella
Stay tuned we have more nominees to announce! Unlike the real Oscars, participants are encouraged to talk (write) as much as you like in the comments, we promise not to cut you off with the music!
You may also like: