Engaging Tails: Simon and Tucker In Hope Valley

After my trip to BlogPaws, I have a good case of wanderlust. While I don’t have travel plans in my immediate future, I’m inspired to visit Hope Valley.  I am loving the wide open spaces in these engagement photos by Kristi Gayton Photography.  And of course, the dogs are the cherry on top!

scenic engagement photos with dogs, Queensland heeler, lab, Hope Valley

From Kristi:  “Jessica and Aaron have one of the sweetest engagement stories ever! If you love, you will appreciate this one and understand why their pups were such an important part of this shoot!

engaged couple in field with lab Queensland heeler, Hope Valley

Jessica had always wanted a Queensland Heeler puppy.  One day in January Aaron called to tell her that his truck wouldn’t start and she would need to come pick him up from his parents’ house. When she walked into the living room, he walked around the corner holding a puppy!

fall engagement photos with dog, Blue Heeler, Charcoal lab, engaged coupleShe was so caught off guard she didn’t even realize that little Tucker had a ring attached to his collar until Aaron was down on one knee proposing! Tucker has been a bundle of energy from day one and is now training with his ‘big brother’ Simon with cows for the ranch. Simon (a 3-year-old charcoal lab) is their other fur baby you see in the photos.

man's best friend, man and lab

Simon had belonged to Aaron before he and Jessica started dating. Aaron and Jessica call Simon Grandpa because he doesn’t act like a 3-year-old. They don’t even worry about leashing him most of the time because he won’t leave their side. It was so much fun including them in this beautiful engagement shoot!”

black white engagement pictures with dog, rural dog portraitscharcoal lab balancing ring on nose, engagement pictures with dog hands and paws, engagement photos with dogs

Follow Kristi Gayton on Instagram.

About Kristi Gayton Photography:  Based in the Lake Tahoe/Reno area Kristi is a wedding photographer who is available for travel.

Kelly says:

Who could say no to someone holding a puppy with a ring on it! That would be every “dog” person’s dream engagement 😉

I completely agree!

Nichole says:

Stunning photos! I especially love the very last one… a paw – or two – makes such a statement.

Debbie says:

What a sweet engagement story!!! That’s just adorable. I have a soft spot for heelers too ever since we adopted our little heeler mutt Ringo. I just love these pics. I’m gonna have to head over to Google to learn more about Hope Valley. What a gorgeous place.

Sadie says:

Awwwww. This is such a romantic story! I love how much a part of it the dogs are. The photographs are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Aww I love the backstory of the proposal. How sweet. Lovely endearing photos too. My favorite is the last one with all the family with their hands & paws in. Classic!

Oh my gosh!!! What a sweet proposal story. I can only imagine how surprised Jessica must have been. Reminds me of when my husband surprised me with Kylo Ren on Valentine’s Day 🙂

Oh that sounds like a wonderful Valentine’s Day!

How adorable is that proposal story! They are so cute and I hope they have a wonderful life together.

I love the wide open spaces as well!

Amy Hempe says:

These photos are beautiful. What a good dog to let the ring sit there on the nose without thinking it’s a treat!

I am so glad I met you and Alice and the adorable pups at BlogPaws and hope you will return again. As usual, fantastic images and great prose make for a fab post.

hehe me too. All I want to do is pack up Dexter and hit the road. Great photos!