Happy Tails: Dior and Sophie the Chihuahuas

Del Mar Beach is a beautiful backdrop for this family photo session with  Derek Chad Photography.    Dior and Sophie are both Chihuahuas and are a big part of Tim and Jonah’s family.   They were even in Tim and Jonah’s wedding two years ago.

Adorable white Chihuahuas in pink coats with their dads, Del Mar Beach, modern dog photography

From Tim and Jonah:  “Our dogs have been our world since we’ve had them. Dior is 13 years old and Sophie is 9 years old.

Chihuahuas at the beach, on location family portraits

They make our days so much better, and each has their own personalities.

Chihuahuas and their dads at Del Mar BeachWe had both Dior and Sophie in our wedding, and we actually got married on Dior’s birthday in 2014.

Chihuahuas in matching pink coats, man's best friend, beach dogs, dog bffs, They are spoiled more than most dogs we know.  Dior is very much a Princess, as she was the only child until Sophie arrived.  Sophie, on the other hand, is a Tom-boy and isn’t afraid to get dirty and messy.

Chihuahuas and their dads sitting on bench looking out at the ocean, Del Mar Beach dog photography guys holding Chihuahuas on rock, Del Mar Beach, family portraits with dogs When we travel, we look forward to coming home to them. Dior and Sophie are always so excited to see us, and we enjoy their kisses and snuggles.

two Chihuahuas in pink coats sitting on bench at Del Mar Beach with their humans,

We cherish every day we have with them.”

You can see more photos from their session on Derek’s blog.

Follow Derek Chad Photography on Instagram.

About Derek Chad Photography:  Based in  Southern California, Derek specializes in portrait and wedding photography.  He is available for destination weddings.

Beautiful shots! Dior and Sophie are so cute, I love their matching sweaters! What a great looking family!

Abby says:

What a beautiful family! And those matching sweaters are adorable!

Awwwwwwwww they are so cute, love the family picture and the setting is just beautiful

Sonja says:

Yep I feel like they do! Montecristo is in our August wedding and we chose to have our wedding at home because of a lack of pet friendly venues in the city. Love the photos.

Jana Rade says:

Adorable! Quite sure they’re not more spoiled than Cookie is, though. 😉

Such a great couple and some amazing pups! Thanks for sharing these lovely photos and their story.

THis is lovely and amazingly gentle and genuine photoshoot. They care for each other and their dogs so much, and it shines out through the pictures.

What a great looking family! You must have so much fun getting to know these people.

Sadly, I don’t get to meet most of the people and their dogs that I feature. But I know the photographers really enjoy working with their clients. Derek (the photographer who took these photos) also photographed Tim and Jonah’s wedding. I think repeat clients are one of the best referrals for a photographer.

I simply adore your blog! And I agree — all dogs should be photographed professionally. This post is so beautiful, not just for the stunning backdrop and gorgeous photos, but also because it is so gratifying to see a couple so adorably invested in their canine members of the family. I have an Etsy shop where I make handmade dog snoods and scarves, and just recently began making wedding bow ties and flowery collars because I just love the idea of including dogs in weddings. Thanks for sharing these great photos and congrats to the happy couple!

Talent Hounds says:

I just love these- some of my favourite things – cute dogs, ocean views and a happy couple who clearly care for their fur family. Really beautiful.

So much cuteness with those matching pink hoodies and beautiful photos!

Robin says:

These two pups are so precious! It is really obvious that they love their owners. I’m so glad that they were able to be a part of their owners’ marriage. Having your pets there would be extra special.

I SO LOVE when pats are a part of family photos and celebrations. I mean, I spend more time with my dogs than anyone else in the world and I cannot imagine not having them as a part of big events. This is awesome

What a beautiful family! Sophie and Dior are adorable, I love that they were in the wedding, that’s always so special. The photos are gorgeous!
Love & Biscuits,