This post contains affiliate links. Daily Dog Tag only shares products that we would use with our own pets. Pretty Fluffy is not responsible for the content of this post.
Serena Nelson and Sarah Dickerson from Pretty Fluffy have once again combined their talents to bring us a gorgeous recipe e-book that is filled with healthy, nutritious, and beautiful dog treats: Frozen.
With 30 recipes featuring fruits and vegetables, you are sure to find something for every season. They’ve included a guide to shopping for ingredients and you can tell at a glance if a recipe is grain free, dairy free and/or vegan .
The photography is gorgeous and inspiring. Each recipe comes with helpful hints.
Serena offered to share one of her recipes with Daily Dog Tag readers. I think these Mutt Mojitos are perfect for this time of year. Around here, anyone who has a garden is usually overloaded with zucchini.
4 Cups Zucchini
2 Cups Peas (Fresh or Frozen)
A few leaves of Fresh Mint
- Wash zucchini under cold running water and roughly slice it into small pieces, ensuring to cut off and discard the ends. Finely chop mint leaves.
- Place zucchini and peas in a steamer over boiling water. Cover and steam for 10-15 minutes or until softened.
- Allow to cool, then add zucchini, peas, mint, and around ¼ cup of boiled water to the blender and puree until smooth. Add in small amounts of boiled water as required to achieve your desired consistency.
- Pour mixture into ice cube trays and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours or until frozen through.
- When frozen, remove from ice cube trays and store in labeled Ziploc bags in the freezer.
Makes approximately 20 treat cubes.
HANDY HINT: This treat works double duty – great as a refresher in summer, but also wins warmed up and added to your dog’s meal in cooler months.
Important Note: When serving treats, your dog’s health and safety is always the top priority. If your dog tends to ‘gulp’ down treats without licking or chewing them, it is safer to serve frozen treats stuffed into a Kong which will keep your dog entertained for hours!
Let me know how your dogs like this recipe!