This post is sponsored by Nutrish. I am being compensated for spreading the word about the Nutrish What a Shelter Dog Needs Pin it to Win it Contest, but Daily Dog Tag only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers.
I believe that the majority of my readers are strong supporters of animal rescue and I am glad to be promoting the Pinterest contest Nutrish Pin It to Win it! Rachael Ray established Rachael’s Rescue to help highlight organizations that are dedicated to helping animals in need. In support of their work, she’s also launched a new line of pet food called Rachael Ray Nutrish. A portion of the proceeds goes to helping animals in need of food, medical supplies, and treatments. Additionally, Rachael teamed up with the ASPCA to create the $100 K Challenge.
With the recent adoption of Theo, this contest comes at a perfect time for me. Whether you are thinking about adopting a dog or have just the right dog-to-person ratio, Nutrish would like to see what you think an adopted shelter dogs needs!
Pin it to Win it with Nutrish!
You could win FREE Nutrish dog food for one year!*
- Create a Pinterest Board and title it “What an adopted shelter dog needs”
- Use the Pin it to Win it image above as your board’s cover pin.
- Pin 1 pin from Nutrish’s board “Reasons to Adopt” board
- Pin 1 pin from Nutrish’s board “Nutrish Products” board
- Pin 1 pin linking to the ASPCA 100k Challenge
- Pin 2 pins of items that you believe a newly adopted dog would enjoy and need. These pins are up to you and can be any type of toy or necessity, like a food bowl, a leash, etc.
- Leave a link to your Nutrish “What an adopted shelter dog needs” board in the comment section of this blog and enter through the rafflecopter below. Be sure to check out how you can earn extra entires! (Several blogs are hosting this contest. As long as the Rafflecopter appears on the blog your comment with the link to your board qualifies.)
* Free Nutrish dog food for one year is the equivalent of two 14 lbs bags of food per month provided to the winner via coupons good at local retailer selling Nutrish.
If you are experiencing difficulty with Rafflecopter, simply link your Pinterest board in the comments and I can add your entry. This contest is only open to US residents.
I made my own Animal Shelter Donations. Some of the pins on my board are based on our experience with Theo. We really didn’t know Theo when he brought him home, so after walking out of the shelter’s door with him (feeling like we just won the lotto), we stopped and bought him a crate. Our philosophy is a crate helps keep a dog safe and out of trouble when there isn’t anyone home. Just by looking at Theo we knew he was food motivated and putting a few treats in his kong helped relieve his anxiety of being put in the crate. A dog tag is a great idea because a newly adopted dog is less likely to be able to find his way home again or recognized by the neighbors if he slips out. Of course the most important thing we can give Theo is a commitment that we will always do right by him. What do you recommend for a newly adopted dog? I’d love to see what you come up with, so please link your board in the comments!
This post is sponsored by Nutrish. I am being compensated to spread the word about the Nutrish What a Shelter Dog Needs Pin it to Win it Contest, but Daily Dog Tag only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers.