I am thrilled to be a Best Friends Ambassador and share with you information that might encourage you to adopt your next best friend or donate to Best Friends Animal Society. As always, at Daily Dog Tag, we only share information about organizations and products that we believe in.
Valentines Day is just ten days away. I know a lot of people consider Valentines Day to be stressful, annoying and or downright depressing. If you aren’t looking forward to spending Valentine’s Day without a date, Best Friends Animal Society shares a dozen reasons why your #RelationshipGoals should include the pet adoption option.
12 Reasons To Adopt A Pet for Valentines Day
1. Hanging with a pet will give pleasant new meaning to “Netflix and chill.”
2. Your pet’s lasting love will make you never fear being “ghosted” again.
3. Adopting a pet will help you overcome that fear of commitment.
4. You’ll always have someone there to kiss you good morning, even before you brush your teeth.
5. Walking a cat on a harness and leash is a guaranteed attention-getter.
6. Chances are your pet will love to spoon and snuggle as much as you do, if not more.
7. Your new canine companion will give you a valid reason to hang out and meet people at the dog park.
8. More than 63 percent of people consider pets to be members of the family (according to the AVMA). So no matter what the configuration of a family unit, pets are a perfect source of love and companionship.
9. If you’re not finding true love on Tinder, adopting a pet may be your answer.
10. A pet will help you get accustomed to 24/7 adoration and unconditional love.
11. An adopted pet can help you become less self-centered, as you learn to put another’s needs before your own.
12. If you’re looking for love, but are freaked out by forever, check with a local shelter or rescue to find out about fostering. Contrary to what you see online, there’s plenty of drama-free companions out there.
To make it even more attractive, Best Friends Animal Society and its official media sponsor, Hallmark Channel are offering pet adoption fees starting at $14 to help you find “The One.” The national event is taking place February 1-15 at Best Friends adoption centers in Utah and Los Angeles, and at an event in New York, as well as through participating No More Homeless Pets Network partners across the country.
“If you’re looking to bring home a new pet, few people will argue that adopted animals reward their people with a depth of love and loyalty that pets from other sources often don’t seem to rival,” said Gregory Castle, co-founder and chief executive officer for Best Friends Animal Society. “They seem to know they were given a second chance, and they spend their lives repaying their families.”
Take this fun quiz from Hallmark and Best Friends to see what your ideal match is.
And if you’re still hoping to find #TheOne human, this article says Having a Dog Makes You Sexier.
We would love to hear how you will be spending Valentine’s Day.
Be sure to stop over and see some awesome pets that are being featured this week in the Tuesday’s Tails blog hop co-hosted by Dogs N Pawz and Talking Dogs.
M. K. Clinton says
Those are all wonderful reasons to adopt a dog for Valentine’s Day. ♥
Golden Daily Scoop says
Perfect reasons to adopt whether it’s V-day or not!
I agree, any day is a good day to adopt a pet.
Best Valentine’s Day post ever!
But I’d change #2 on your list. Ghosting just has a different meaning with dogs. I think that’s what they call following their people into the bathroom before the door closes. 🙂
You might be right about that, Pamela!
Kitty Cat Chronicles says
We agree that pets make excellent Valentines! We would recommend to anyone to consider adopting a loving furry companion! Sophie says she can vouch for #5 – whenever she’s out on her leash, we always get tons of attention!
Lauren Miller says
What a great post! I think adopting a pet on Valentine’s Day is a great idea! I sort of think the only unconditional love out there comes from pets anyways. 🙂
I love that you give fostering as an option!
This is so cute! I love #4! Both of my dogs demand their morning (and goodnight) kisses every day. It’s especially nice when Hubs goes out of town – I never feel alone.
Adopting a pet for Valentine’s Day is a great idea. 🙂 They make wonderful Valentines all year. I have to admit that you are right about the Netflix thing. Having a kitty in my lap makes tv a lot more enjoyable!
Tenacious Little Terrier says
Mr. N and I are celebrating Valentine’s Day with a photoshoot lol!
Oh I can’t wait to see those photos!
Pawesome Cats says
Great reasons to adopt a pet for Valentines Day. I especially like #4 and #9.
Great reasons to adopt an animal for Valentines Day – animals are just the best!
Cynthia Hernandez says
My valentine’s (Max, Rottie, Onyx & Onkoku, twin cats) never let me down. And when I am, they always pick me up. They are the reason why I’m building a program for pet owners. At the end of the day, pets need a forever home and sometimes pet owners need the tools to overcome challenges that can jeopardize that relationship.
That sounds like a great program.
Lovely thoughts for Valentines Day. Thank you so much. Lora.
Happy Valentine’s Day Lora!
These are great reasons to adopt a pet. I love number 4.
We adopted our dog almost 3 years ago and it was seriously the best choice ever! He is the best and most loving dog!
I know that I’m biased, but I think dogs add so much joy to our lives.
The Daily Pip says
I love this post and will definitely share!