DIY: Banana Beet Dog Treats (Baked with Love)

Thanks to Wayfair for sponsoring this post! Daily Dog Tag only shares products that we would use ourselves.  All opinions are my own and Wayfair is not responsible for the content of this post.

If you missed yesterday’s post starring Olive, you owe yourself a visit to that page.  You won’t regret it.

Adorable brown puppy, purple cast with pink hearts, lying on pink chair

I was inspired to try my hand at baking dog treats when I came across this simple recipe for human cookies.  When I heard that my sister, Alice Patterson, was going to be photographing her long time client, Annie Taylor’s new puppy, it seemed like the perfect time to start baking!

Check out all the bakeware that Wayfair offers, so many cute dishes and utensils! (Visit your local rescue or Petfinder to find a cute puppy!)

small puppy with broken leg sitting on pink chair, purple cast with pink hearts, valentine box12 week old puppy with Valentine box puppy opening Valentine box brown rescue puppy chewing on Valentine boxlittle puppy on pink chair chewing Valentine containerhomemade heart shaped dog treats in cute Valentine boxThese banana beet dog treats are pretty easy to make and all of our taste testers (6 dogs so far) think they are delicious!

Banana Beet Dog Treats

heart shaped pink and white dog treats on white heart ceramic plate, banana beet dog treats recipe

Ingredients:

1 banana

3 TBSP water

1 small beet (steamed or roasted)

2 cups oat flour

Directions:  You will be making two batches of dough.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Banana dough:

Mash banana with 1 TBSP water in a  medium sized bowl.

Next, add one cup of flour, and mix well.

Roll to desired thickness ~1/4 inch

Beet dough:

Combine beet with 2 TBSP water in a blender.  Liquify.  Add more water if needed.

In a mixing bowl add one cup of flour to beet mixture.  Combine thoroughly. Roll to 1/4 inch thickness. (If the dough is too sticky, add more flour.)

heart cookie cutter in pink dough, beet and banana dog treats tutorial Place one dough on top of the other and cut with a cookie cutter.

baking sheet filled with heart shaped dog treats, metal spatula

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

Serve to the best dogs you know!

puppy on chair, white heart plate with pink and white dog treatswhite ceramic heart plate with small pink and white heart shaped dog cookies, banana, beet dog treats

Do you bake treats for your dogs?

Follow Alice G Patterson on Instagram!

About Alice G Patterson Photography:  Based in Syracuse, New York, Alice is a lifestyle photographer.  She specializes in senior portraits, dog photography, as well as portraits and product photography for small businesses.

These photos are sooo adorable! I definitely want to try this recipe for Rooney!

Let me know how it turns out, I hope he likes them as much as my dogs do.

These sound delicious! Unfortunately, I just discovered Bentley is allergic to bananas. We hope to be able to re-introduce them to him soon. He loves them and I will save this recipe for that time.

Oh what a shame about Bentley being allergic to bananas! I hope he can enjoy them again before too long.

Oh my gosh, my heart!! I love the photos of Olive chewing the box. These treats are also absolutely gorgeous and easy, too!

She is so sweet. Thanks for your kind comments about the treats.

Carleen says:

What adorable treats to go with such a precious dog!

Thank you!

They look like little candy hearts! I wonder what dog friendly icing you could use to write on them.

Yumm! These look delicious – did you try one? I really need to get a dog so I can start trying out these recipes.

I did try one, it wasn’t bad!

Jane says:

Olive you are rocking that cast! Glad to read you are on the mend and from the photos I can see you are a happy soul. Those dog treats are adorable and sound like they would be a crowd pleaser around here. Olive I think you deserve an extra treat for your cuteness overload ❤

These sound really healthy & they look delicious! They’re so pretty & so is the box you put them in. Perfect Valentine’s Day gift for a special pup! This little gou looks like he had an accident, poor baby.
Love & biscuits,
Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

The box was perfect for Olive’s owner, she designs greeting cards and stationery.

WOW they look amazing and am saving the recipe to try one day, thanks

Oh my stars, look this little cutie patootie! The treats are beautiful and look yummy. What a great idea.

What lovely pictures and the pup is SO SWEET! I think these recipes are so great for pet parents – you can make your own safe treats at home – easy!

It is really nice when you have a pet with allergies, so you know exactly what is in the treats.

These are really awesome! I’m going to have to try. I love bananas and beets….ok, Dexter does. 🙂

These sound absolutely delicious and something that we must try! We will share with our readers as well – they’ll ‘eat them up!’ 🙂

Thank you! My dogs really love them.

These look lovely and I bet very tasty! I always juice a beet for myself, guess I’ll be saving the next one for the dogs! Beautiful pics! 🙂

If they are anything like my dogs, they will love it!

Definitely baking tomorrow – these look yummy and you have inspired me.

Lovely photos and those treats look yummy.

These are so cute! They must be delicious too! I wish there were more fun recipes like this for cat treats. Glad your pups enjoyed!

These little heart treats are too cute! I have only baked dog treats a few times and the dogs always seem to like them!

Brittany says:

What a fantastic idea! I’ve always wanted to make my own dog treats and this seems to be the perfect recipe! I’m definitely going to make them, maybe this weekend (better late than never). Thanks for the great post!

Kim says:

Omg this absolutely reminds me that I have to make something for the pups tomorrow

OMD, these look amazing and yummy! They seem easy enough for my humans to made! 😉

Oh my goodness! Olive this the cutest pup I’ve ever seen! Do you happen to have any idea of what mix of breeds she is?

Also, I’m loving the dog treats! Cute, simple, and I bet the dogs love them! So excited for my husband and I to get a pup!

I don’t know what breeds she is, but I know her family is looking into getting a DNA test to find out. We’ll be featuring Olive again I hope!

Oh my goodness, what a cute little pup! And this recipe looks very easy, even I could handle it 🙂

Greta says:

My pup would love these tasty treats! Your fur baby is such a cutie!

Greta | http://www.gretahollar.com

I don’t have a fur baby but my BFF does…will have to share with her! Happy Valentine’s Day!

I love that these don’t have peanut butter! I’m allergic and so many treat recipes include it.

This is just too sweet! Love it!

Thank you!

Robin says:

These are so cute! What a great idea for Valentine’s Day (or any day really). They sound really yummy. I wish that cats had a higher tolerance for carbohydrates because then we could bake for them too.

• Pingback: Fetching - Daily Dog TagDaily Dog Tag