This post contains affiliate links, but Daily Dog Tag only shares products that we would use ourselves. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, I’ll earn a small fee, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support! All photos by Alice G Patterson Photography.
If you missed yesterday’s post starring Olive, you owe yourself a visit to that page. You won’t regret it.
I was inspired to try my hand at baking dog treats when I came across this simple recipe for human cookies. When I heard that my sister, Alice Patterson, was going to be photographing her longtime client, Annie Taylor’s new puppy, it seemed like the perfect time to start baking!
These banana beet dog treats are pretty easy to make and all of our taste testers (6 dogs so far) think they are delicious!
Banana Beet Dog Treat Recipe
- 1 banana
- 3 TBSP water
- 1 small beet (steamed or roasted)
- 2 cups oat flour (divided)
- Directions: You will be making two batches of dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Banana dough
- Mash banana with 1 TBSP water in a medium-sized bowl.
- Next, add one cup of flour, and mix well.
- Roll to desired thickness ~1/4 inch
- Beet dough
- Combine beet with 2 TBSP water in a blender. Liquify. Add more water if needed.
- In a mixing bowl add one cup of flour to beet mixture. Combine thoroughly. Roll to 1/4 inch thickness. (If the dough is too sticky, add more flour.)
- Roll out both types of dough and place one on top of the other. Cut with a cookie cutter
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Serve to the best dogs you know!
Requires beets that have already been cooked or add time to recipe.
Do you bake treats for your dogs?
About Alice G Patterson Photography: Based in Syracuse, New York, Alice is a lifestyle photographer. She specializes in senior portraits, dog photography, as well as portraits and product photography for small businesses.