This post contains affiliate links, but Daily Dog Tag only shares products that we would use ourselves. If you make a purchase by clicking one of the links, I’ll earn a small fee, at no additional cost to you. All photos by Alice G Patterson Photography.
If you missed yesterday’s post starring Olive, you owe yourself a visit to that page. You won’t regret it.
I was inspired to try my hand at baking dog treats when I came across this simple recipe for human cookies. When I heard that my sister, Alice Patterson, was going to be photographing her longtime client, Annie Taylor’s new puppy, it seemed like the perfect time to start baking!
Banana Beet Dog Treats
These banana beet dog treats are pretty easy to make and all of our taste testers (6 dogs so far) think they are delicious!
Rolled Banana Beet Dog Treats
- blender (optional)
- 1 banana
- 1 beet (steamed or roasted)
- 2 cups flour (divided) We used oat flour
- You will be preparing two batches of dough
- Mash the banana.
- Add 1 TBSP water
- Stir in 1 cup of flour.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Mash beet with 2 TBSP water. (A blender makes it easier)
- Combine beets with 1 cup flour. (Add more flour if the mixture is too sticky, more water if the dough is too crumbly.)
- Roll out each dough ~1/4 inch thick
- Place one dough on top of the other
- Using cookie cutters cut out dough
- Bake 10-12 minutes
- Let cool and serve to the best dogs you know!
Do you bake treats for your dogs?
About Alice G Patterson Photography: Based in Syracuse, New York, Alice is a lifestyle photographer. She specializes in senior portraits, dog photography, as well as portraits and product photography for small businesses.