Washington, DC Engagement Photos with a Yorkie

Madi, the Yorkie, joined Brittany and Johnny for their DC engagement portraits with M Harris Studios.  I absolutely love the sign that I thought was a reminder to Johnny from Madi.  However, I might be wrong about that!

couple sitting on bench with Yorkie, "I loved her first", Washington DC Engagement photos with dogFrom Michelle:  “These two celebrated their sweet engagement with a portrait session in Washington, D.C. alongside their sweet pup!”

Washington Monument engagement pictures with dog, ©M Harris Studios | DC Engagement photos with Yorkie

From Brittany:  “Madi is a Yorkie.  I got Madi in college, she has been my little sidekick from day one.

couple holding hands while walking small dog, pet friendly engagement session ideas

When I met Johnny I told him that Madi and I are a package deal. Johnny was adamant that he would never like a small dog…. it wasn’t long before he was calling her ‘his dog.’  I loved her first!”

woman holding "I Loved Her First" sign while man cuddles dog, fun pet friendly engagement ideasYorkshire Terrier on park bench with "I Loved Her First" sign, ©M Harris Studios | DC Engagement pictureswith YorkieFrom Johnny: “She’s my little buddy.”

Yorkie paw, woman's engagement ring, couple's hands, dog friendly engagement photos

Follow M Harris Studios on Instagram.

About M Harris Studios:  Based in Fredericksburg, Virginia, Michelle Harris specializes in luxury weddings. Michelle also has a Yorkie.

Sonja says:

What a cute sign! Aw…. that’s adorable. Lovely photos. What a cutie. And beautiful couple.

The sign is perfect! And I think it should be part of every engagement/wedding/starting-new-life-together when a pet is involved. It says everything that’s important!

Hindy Pearson says:

What beautiful pictures, they’re lucky to have such wonderful memories as they start their new life together. The sign is definitely a fabulous touch, and a great reminder to her future husband.

Ruthie Ridley says:

Omg this is adorable!!!! Congrats!!!

Monica says:

Oh goodness! These are too precious! That little yorkie is adorable!

Sandy Kubillus says:

How true–I love the sign! My sister had one that said, “Love me, love my dog.” Our pets are sometimes our first true love. Great photos!

Yolanda says:

Ahh! I love the photo with the hands and paw!! So so cute!! We didn’t do engagement photos but if we did I think adding our big dog would have been so amazing. If only he was better behaved around squirrels lol

Alex says:

Your dress is GORGEOUS and these pictures are perfect! COngratulations!!!

I used a chalk board with “I loved her first” for my engagement shoot back in 2018 🙂

I need to see those photos!

Kamira says:

Oh I love the sign. That such a unique and clever touch. DC is always a memorable experience too. Congrats to the happy couple! Great shoot.